The Dr. John Williams Award
Presented in memory of Dr. John P Williams to the Tely 10 participant who has inspired others through enthusiastic and spirited participation in the annual Telegram 10 Mile Road Race.
To be eligible for this award, the candidate:
- must have participated in the Tely 10 road race at least once
- must have specifically motivated others to participate in the Tely 10, either by walking or running or as a wheelchair participant
- must by participation in the Tely 10 have inspired and motivated others to become physically active
The candidate may be someone who:
- began regular exercise at an advanced age
- overcame a serious emotional or physical challenge in life
- or began exercising while recovering from a serious or life-threatening illness
- Nominations should be received by the NLAA office by Wednesday, December 31, 1969.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Candidates for this award may be nominated by any Tely 10 participant or a member of the Organizing Committee.
All nominations will be carefully considered and voted on by a Selection Committee with the winner decided by majority vote.
Citations for Recipients