Road Closures - Sunday, July 27, 2014
Paradise - Mount Pearl - St. John’s
The largest road race in Atlantic Canada needs your help in making the course a safe place to run.
Park and Ride for Spectators
Park and Ride Shuttle Service will be available on Tely 10 day from 8:00 am to Noon. The shuttle service will run from Confederation Building to the Finish area on Circular Road. The fare will be $1 per person each way, runners showing a race bib are free and children under 5 will be free as well. Please have exact change available (coins preferred) as Drivers do not carry change.
Tely 10 Race Course
Starts on McNamara Road in Paradise and continues eastbound on Topsail Road through Paradise, Mount Pearl, and St. John’s. The course continues eastbound on Cornwall Avenue, Hamilton Avenue, Lemarchant Road, Harvey Road, Military Road, and then finishes on Bannerman Road in St. John’s.
ROAD AND LANE CLOSURES
To ensure the race is as safe as possible and to minimize inconvenience and delays, residents and motorists are advised to take note of the following road and lane closures:
- McNamara Rd from Topsail Rd to Maverick St - closed 6:30 to 9:00 a.m.
- Topsail Rd from St. Thomas Line to Paradise Rd - both directions closed 6:30 to 9:00 a.m.
- Topsail Rd from Paradise Rd to Trails End Dr/Karwood Dr - both directions closed 7:50 to 9:00 a.m.
- Topsail Rd from Trails End Dr/Karwood Dr to Kenmount Rd overpass - both directions closed 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- Topsail Rd from Kenmount Rd to Dunn’s Rd - closed to eastbound traffic 8:00 to 9:30 a.m.
- Topsail Rd from Dunn’s Rd to Cornwall Ave (St. John’s) eastbound closed 8:15 to 11:00 a.m.
- Cornwall Avenue - both directions closed 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Hamilton Avenue - both directions closed 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Lemarchant Road - both directions closed 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Harvey Road - both directions closed 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Rennies Mill Road from Military Rd to Empire Avenue - both directions closed 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
eastbound traffic on Circular Road from Carpasian Rd to Rennies Mill Rd must turn north on Rennies Mill Road.
- Military Road - both directions closed 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Columbus Drive from Topsail Road to Bay Bulls Road - both directions closed 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Circular Road from Rennies Mill Rd to Empire Avenue - both directions closed 5:00 am to 12:00 noon
- Bannerman Road - both directions closed from 4:30 p.m. on Saturday to 2:00 p.m., Sunday, July 27, 2014
- Kenmount Road off-ramp to Topsail Road
- On Kenmount Road WEST, the ramp will be closed from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. to westbound traffic.
- On Kenmount Road EAST, the ramp will be closed from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. to all traffic.
- Outer Ring Road/TCH off-ramp to Topsail Road
- On the Outer Ring Road WEST at Exit 43, the ramp will be closed from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. to westbound traffic.
- On the Outer Ring Road EAST at Exit 43, the ramp will be closed from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. to all traffic.
Motorists should expect road blocks throughout the Tely race course from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and use alternate routes where available. To cross the Topsail Rd race course (north - south), drivers can use Kings Bridge Rd, Outer Ring Rd, and Pitts Memorial Drive. Residents who live on the route are asked to use extreme caution if they must access the route during this time. Alternate routes should be used wherever possible.
No Parking - Tow Away Zones - 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
We apologize for your inconvenience and
For helping create this historic event!
Participants of the 2014 Tely 10
- Cornwall Avenue - south side
- Hamilton Avenue - south side
- LeMarchant Road - south side
- Harvey Road - south side
- Circular Road - north side between Rennies Mill Road and Empire Avenue
- Military Road - north side from Rawlins Cross to Kings Bridge Road
- Bannerman Road - both sides from Military Road to Circular Road
Designated Drop-off Locations in Paradise
Topsail Rd @ Octagon Heights and McNamara Rd @ Maverick Place. Please note that there is no race designated parking area in Paradise.
Tely 10 Official Sponsors - Thank you!