The 2020 Provincial Legion Championships is to be held at Pearlgate Track and Field Complex in Mount Pearl. The track, in an eight (8) lane, and runways surface is Poly-urethane. Concrete discus, shot put and hammer circles with regulation cages for discus and hammer are provided.
The competition will be conducted as per the IAAF Handbook and variations as per Athletics Canada and NLAA rules.
The Provincial Legion Track and Field Championships is open to 2020 Track and Field registered members of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). Athletes wishing to become members can register online.
Categories for Boys and Girls
- U18 - ages 16 or 17 as of December 31, 2020 (born in 2004 or 2005)
- U16 - ages 12 through 15 and under as of December 31, 2020 (born in 2006 through 2008 for Legion Team consideration)
- U16 age athletes cannot move up to compete in the U18 category.
- Wheelchair - Due to the fact that there will be no para-athletic specific events at the 2020 Legion National Youth Track and Field Championships, The Royal Canadian Legion, Newfoundland and Labrador Command will not be holding para-athletic specific events at the Provincial level.
- Scheduled times and order of events may change pending registration. All athletes are asked to be at Pearlgate Complex at least 60 minutes prior to their scheduled event.
- Maximum Number of Events - An athlete can enter in maximum of three (3) events.
- Competition Numbers - All competitors will be supplied with a competitive number. Numbers for all events must be displayed on the front; placed right below your chest. The number must be visible, not be cut, folded or obscured in any way.
- Simultaneous Entries - IAAF Rule 142.3 - If a competitor is entered in both a track and field event, or in more than one field event taking place simultaneously, the appropriate Referee may, for one round at a time, or for each trial in high jump and pole vault, allow a competitor to take his trial in an order different from that decided upon by the draw prior to the start of the competition. However, if an athlete subsequently is not present for this trial, it shall be deemed that he is passing once the period allowed for the trial has elapsed.
- Failure to participate - IAAF Rule 142.4 - Scratches will be accepted up to 60 minutes before the scheduled start of the event. If a competitor fails to participate in a registered event, he/she will be excluded from participation in all further events in the competition, including relays.
- Track Shoe Pins
- Not to exceed 11 per shoe
- Track - maximum 7 mm
- Runways - maximum 9 mm
- Needles and cone only; no trees shape spikes will be allowed
- Confirmation of Entry - Registration Entries will be posted on the TrackieReg
Medals will be awarded to the first three finishers in each individual event.
Registration Deadlines and fees
Regular - 11:59 pm, Thursday, July 4
Late - 2:00 pm, Friday, July 5
Fee: 1 event - $10; 2 events - $15; 3 events - $20 (maximum of 3 events). Late registration additional fee $10.